• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I reset my preferences?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title implies, I made some changes to the default transition time, and I cant remember the original values.

How can I reset the preferences and set them back to their original values?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

It differs by Adobe program, but I think that it's hold down Shift as you launch, and keep holding it down. If that is incorrect for PrPro, I'm sure that someone will correct me. In PS, one gets a dialog box, asking if they wish to reset the Prefs. I don't think that PrPro provides that screen, but could be incorrect.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It differs by Adobe program, but I think that it's hold down Shift as you launch, and keep holding it down. If that is incorrect for PrPro, I'm sure that someone will correct me. In PS, one gets a dialog box, asking if they wish to reset the Prefs. I don't think that PrPro provides that screen, but could be incorrect.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically you are correct, Bill. Just hold down the SHIFT key while starting PR untill the splash screen appears. There are no messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Spending time in different product fora, can keep me confused as to what works where.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why reset all preferences if you only want to change the Transition Default.

Its a simple prefence menu setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holding down SHIFT worked to reset the preferences, but it did pop up a message asking if I wanted to reset. I don't know if this works in all versions - Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 is what I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, holding shift until the splash screen apper seems to do nothing for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Shooter said, why make a fuss of this. Just set your preferences to 60 frames or 150 or whatever you like for the default transition duration. Make sure that your scratch disks and media cache files are pointed at the right directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default setting for video is 30 frames, 1 second for audio and 150 frames for images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift only clears the plug-in cache.  To reset all of your preferences, use the technique shown here:

Adobe - Blog: Having weird behavior with an Adobe video product? Consider tossing your preferences a...

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

The link you indicated,
http://blogs.adobe.com/genesisproject/2009/11/having_weird_behavior_with_an.html

Has this suggestion for deleting the PC Adobe preferences info:

http://blogs.adobe.com/genesisproject/2009/11/having_weird_behavior_with_an.html

Just to confirm, is this the name of the folder that needs to be deleted in order to reset the settings?

C:\Users\[insert appropriate user name]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro/5.0

Thanks

Rowby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A faster way to do that is to hold down the Alt key while you launch Pr.  Keep holding it down until you see the Pr Welcome Screen.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with a project. However it opens fine in a slightly older version of premiere. I guess I updated the program recently and it won't open.

PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff!  Holding down the ALT key at launch worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have any success with figuring out what is going on?

I have a similar problem. I deleted my user settings and no longer getting the "low-level exception" error in the event viewer, but footage is still not performing as it should.

Getting very slow response and an unspecified error when trying to generate a preview.

Thanks,

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines