• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I sync two or more different videos of different people singing?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there might be an automatic way to sync two different people singing the same thing in the same tune on Adobe Premier Pro. I'm aware that identical recordings (syncing audio + video) has an automated feature, but this doesn't work when it's two different people. 

I'd imagine I'll probably just have to manually sync them and am being too optimistic. 

Many thanks indeed. 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multicam will work. I am not in front of my computer so I cannot tell you how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think multicam will work unless they're singing at the same tempo and even then I think you'd have to manually synch it up.  I'd suggest you put markers in your sources at the beginning of each verse or at specific words and then you can slide the clips around in the timeline to get it pretty close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. 

I will try multicam with some sample clips and let you know. 

Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is just vocals it might not work. I was thinking they both have the exact same music track allowing the multicam to sync it to the music and not the vocals. I was thinking karoake or somthing similar but that might not be the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be a karaoke backing track that they'll be listening to with headphones, so they'll be singing at the same tempo. 

I'll put the kareoke track on the timline, but in the induvidual videos of them singing only vocals will be heard.  

Would that work with multicam?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say give it whirl. It might work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried creating multicam sequence of two vocal only videos. It couldn't find a match. I guess you need a reference point like a track that is playing in all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mark an in point at the first clap or whatever you're using to synch on each clip and when you make the multicamera source sequence, choose synchronize point:  in points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the future if you have the left channel record the vocal with music and the right channel record just the vocal it should sync. Then you can just pan 100% to the right channel to isolate the vocals. I think you can also have the right channel replace the left channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they sing in the same tempo just drag all videos in the timeline, blow up the wave-form lines and roughly synch the clips by looking at the waveform.

Are you involved in the the process before the singing gets recorded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I was thinking of doing if theres no automated way to do it.

And yes, they have not recorded yet; I'll send them some sort of instruction sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume they are just going to record what they sing, not what they are singing to. Maybe some kind of playback? Can you add something to that playback a few seconds before the song starts that you can easily synch to and tell them to record that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw the thing about the karaoke track. If you give them the track as a video and add a clap (or something that you can easily see and synch to) before the actual karaoke, they could listen to it with their smartphones and show the clap to the camera, hide the smartphone and don't need to worry about how to get a part of the karaoke track on their record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great idea. I could get them to clap on a certain beat before their part (different ppl are doing different parts) and then use that as a synchronization reference. 

That's if the automated multicam doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what i meant!

If the clap (or whatever) doesn't come from their karaoke it won't be very precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I should do the following: 

Add a clap into the Kareoke track myself. Then, get them to clap at the same time as that in the video that they record whilst listening to the Kareoke with headphones. I use the clap to sync, trim the part they clap once it's synced and obviously use the Kareoke track without the clap, ultimately. 

Sorry if that's a bad explanation. Is that what

you mean, though? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, when recording, I would give a quick burst of the start of the  backing track before the vocals start and use this as the manual sync reference. This burst of music and be cut out once the tracks are in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines