• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can you include sound in motion graphics templates?

Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you make a motion graphic that includes sound, export it as a motion graphics template so it can be used over and over again without having to rebuild it and add a sound track every time you use it? This should be simple but no instructions anywhere to be found, and I've searched and searched online. It is easy to draw put a video in a layer in the edit tab of the motion graphics, but the video has no sound. I've drawn a simple shape, chose "Replace with After effects compsition" and brought in a short video clip, but can't get the sound to play. It doesn't make sense that Adobe would make tools with such limited and amaturish abilities for a program that they tout as Premiere and Professional... I must be missing something. Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to do that in AfterEffects.

I suggest searching for the Making Mogrts ebook by Jarle Leirpoll and given out freely by Adobe on their website.  That is the best intro I know of for creating Mogrts in Ae for use in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Neil, I appreciate it. I have already did that in after effects and it doesn't work. I'll look that book up and download it. I hope it will give instructions to what I'm trying to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha well maybe you couold spare us the time of reading a whole book, and just answer that particular question. What do you say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flavio,

See my response to Joe.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

Add the audio as you would to a .mogrt. I believe that you failed in the testing phase because there is a trick to editing audio to a .mogrt that contains audio.

From Jarle's book:

To use MOGRTs with audio in Premiere Pro, drag the MOGRT from the Essential Graphics panel to the timeline, but don't let go yet. When the video part of the MOGRT is at the right time in the right track, press Shift+Ctrl (Shift+Cmd) and move the cursor to the audio track you want the audio clip on. The video will stay in its track, and only the audio will move.

Note that the timing of the audio may need to be adjusted. Hopefully, you already know this as this is an older post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to Jarle's book: Making MOGRTs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My doubt particulary would be how to add sound in After Effects. So I can then, in Ppro drag that mogrt with sound and all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says how to drag sound in PPro, but not how to generate the audio in the mogrt in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe the features have improved in 2024...as I haven't had to do anything special to have AE-generated motion graphics include their sound.

THAT SAID--I did just struggle for 30 minutes trying to resolve the problem you described here. In my case, quitting both AE and PP and restarting them restored the capability. Not a brilliant suggestion, I know, but maybe it will help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines