• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add the @ in texts?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I want to add a contact email in my video. But for some reason the @ symbol wont show up in the graphic when i type it. Have anybody else had this problem before? Im using a Norwegian keyboard, so i need to press Alt Gr + 2 to get @. I dont have a problem writing it here, only when I want to add it premiere pro. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried copying and pasting the symbol? Which font are you using? Some fonts, particularly unusual fonts do not include certain symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes it worked copying and pasting the symbol, but its weird thats the only way to do it. (as I`ve seen so far) Im using Calibri Ligth, is that font known for not including special symbols?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, no, Calibri Light is a very popular and common typeface and should certainly include the @ symbol. Additionally, if you are able to copy/paste, that would rule out it being a missing symbol.

Out of interest, if you switch font, are you then able to type @? It would be worth trying, just to rule out it being a glitch with the fonts themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out I am able to type @, but for some reason I have to press 2 at the exact time when I press AltGr. This worked at multiple fonts. Normaly I can press Alt Gr before pressing 2 to get @, but now I need to time it exacly rigth and it takes a few tries before I get @ which is really annoing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're on a mac, you might want to open the font in fontbook (an app included with the mac os) and validate the font.  Font's can get corrupted...  Have no idea how to do it on a windowze machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware not all fonts display @

What font are you using.

Shortcut/numlock: alt+64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, im using calibri ligth. I think its something wrong with how Adobe is registrering my Norwegian keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ultimately the alphabet and symbols are ascii code dedicated to that range of stuff universally. I've had a need to generate some stupid symbol ( letter with weird snake thing on top ? , or some Latin type thing...whatever.) I can use the ascii code ( on pc ) copy it to notepad and then paste it into program usually ( where the program is dealing with text ).

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. 

I'm talking about stuff that isn't even ON your keyboard .... so you can certainly do it for stuff that is there on keyboard... it doesn't matter really. you can make the thing if the font has it built in or you can use a font that is 'neuteral' ( sarif or sans sarif ) , like Arial, or ny times roman, just for that symbol.

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is screenshot of 'character map' on win 10

character map.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines