• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I alter the Black Balance of a clip in Premier. I have a shot of a person wearing a black shirt and it appears brown, none of the Video Effects seems to change it

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I alter the Black Balance of a clip in Premier. I have a shot of a person wearing a black shirt and it appears brown, none of the Video Effects seems to change it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to premier pro forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the white balence will be set wrong in your camera i.e, you had it set to indoors or cloud instead of sunny

example Frogmouth becomes Frogmought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the Luma vs Sat curve in Lumetri.   A curve like the one below will decimate the colour in the shadows:luma vs sat.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do as suggested above, but I would go into Lumetri panel with the scopes on and check the RGB Parade and/or Waveform YC (no chroma), and check signal levels first.

And with Vectorscope YUV up, you can see the Hue vector also.

There's a good chance lowering the Shadows  in Basic tab or the Shadows wheel Luma slider (which also moves Black point) will take care of the issue.

If you still need to neutralize color casts, you can use the Shadows Tint control (Creative tab) or Shadow Wheel ( color Wheels tab) to change shadows color.

There's many places online including some decent basics instructions in the Adobe Help system both articles and tutorials.

Also my blog has a number of explanations and demonstrations of what the various Lumetri tools do ... and don't  ... do.

rneilphotog.com

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

blackduck, can you post a screenshot of the shot you are talkin about ? I suspect if black shirt is brown the skin tones will be yellow.

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines