• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I blur part of a video?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I have a video that is basically a recording of my screen from Chrome that I will be uploading to YouTube, but I had some other Chrome tabs open that I don't want others to see so I just want to tell Premiere that I want to blur a particular part of the video.

I tried adding Camera Blur but it blurred the entire thing...what's the best way to do this? If worse comes to worse I can try to stretch the tabs outside the viewing area but for sure there's a way...

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

BlurMask.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a mask and blur that. It's surprisingly easy actually 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I tried this. I searched for "Mask" and it came up under the Blur folder. I added it, and created the mask just like I would do using lens flare. I played around with all the options, I did get somewhat a blur and put it to the maximum setting and it still is definitely readable by a long shot. I tried adding multiple masks with the same settings just did a copy/paste but that didn't work... please instruct further 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlurMask.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To follow up with a few options and clarify my super simple answer. 3 ways to do this:

1. Add the blur effect to the video directly and then add a mask to the blur effect (as shown in Sami's answer)

2. Add an adjustment layer, blur that and add a mask to that (this is very versatile if you want to add more effects)

3. Duplicate the video, place it above the original. Blur it and then add a mask (versatile like #2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines