Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i try to reset parameter but it doesnt work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Hi John,

Yes, simply drag the Anchor Point from the lower left corner of the wireframe to the center of the wireframe. As you approach the center, press Control on PC or Command on Mac. A red cross hair will appear guiding you to the center of the wireframe and the anchor point. Let go of the mouse once both are aligned. Your anchor point is now centered in the text.

Anchor point now centered on textAnchor point now centered on text

I hope that helps. Please see my earlier response for clarification.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the new essential graphics text generator or the legacy title?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just used the text tool and typed it in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the text is centered on the line. Click in your text with the text tool and then look at the Essential Graphics Panel"

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 4.30.02 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do it with Essential Graphics? tia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg's answer was using the EGP.

Centering an anchor point in the EGP is at times tricky though. If you select the element in the EGP, such that you get a blue box around it, there's a little blue circle with a + sign in the middle that is the anchor point. Click on the little circle, and drag that to the center of the box.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag it to the center of the box? There is no numeric way or actual Centering button to ensure everything (i.e. stacks of things) lines up perfectly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevdrone,

You can drag the anchor point to the center of the text box and it should snap into place. If you press Ctrl (WIN) or CMD (macOS), you can see alignment tools (red dotted lines) assist you. I don't believe there's another way but I'll ask around.

Duplicate text layers to retain text attributes. You can align multiple items using the alignment tools.

See MtDs post for how to create graphics with the Anchor Point already centered.

I agree that there should be a faster way to center the anchor point. In After Effects, there is that feature, for example. You double click on the Anchor Point (Pan Behind) tool. It's fast. My advice is to lay in a feature request over on the user voice site: Premiere Pro: Hot (3655 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Please return with any questions.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I agree that there should be a faster way to center the anchor point. In After Effects, there is that feature, for example. You double click on the Anchor Point (Pan Behind) tool."

In Premiere Pro CC19 (and I think in the earlier versions as well) you can press Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac), while dragging anchor point and it will snap at the center of the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not entirely true.  If you hold "ctrl" on PC or "command" on Mac while moving the actual anchor point of a text, some anchoring lines should appear and assist the anchor point with a precision alignment process.  This allows you to center the anchor point in the exact center location of the text box or in any of the corner points.  The problem I keep having is sometimes when I do that, those lines don't appear at all and both the text and text box just start floating in an opposite motion of each other...  it's very frustraiting and I honestly, can not see the point of adding a feature like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're moving the anchor box before holding down the Ctrl/Cmd keys, you will get the behavior you describe.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Yes, simply drag the Anchor Point from the lower left corner of the wireframe to the center of the wireframe. As you approach the center, press Control on PC or Command on Mac. A red cross hair will appear guiding you to the center of the wireframe and the anchor point. Let go of the mouse once both are aligned. Your anchor point is now centered in the text.

Anchor point now centered on textAnchor point now centered on text

I hope that helps. Please see my earlier response for clarification.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have centered "Text Anchor Point" by clicking and holding the "Ctrl" key, but when I add "3D Basic" effect to the text and add simple tilt animation (from 0 degree to 90 degrees tilt in 10 frames), the result animation video text is vibrating (not in preview after export)! What's wrong with Pr v2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MtD is short for MegTheDog ... his post is up above in this thread, and Kevin was referring to that. Also, yea, it's rough being a noob with a complex app as we all started there, but that said ... knowing the names of the workspace panels is really one of the first things to learn.

ECP is the Effects Control Panel.

EGP is the Essential Graphics Panel in the Graphics workspace.

ESP is the Essential Sound panel in the Audio workspace.

Premiere's anchor points can be odd. And I don't actually use the anchor points that much ... I simply animate the item, whether object or graphic/text. Except of course, if you're rotating especially you may wish to center the anchor point.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known bug at play here that may be causing the issue. I had a similar problem that was totally stumping me and even though people were providing the correct answer (click the anchor point and drag it to the center and it will snap), the intended behavior wasn't happening because I had scaled the text box before attempting to adjust the anchor point. So just a heads up for anyone searching for an answer on this - if you are failing at trying to get an anchor point to snap to edge or center, make sure you haven't scaled the text box. If you have, delete it and create a new one. Then the anchor point snapping should work. After that you should be able to scale the text box with your new anchor position intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to always move anchor points first. For about anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or they could fix the bug so that basic transformations don't break anchor point functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From conversations with the devs, they don't see this as needing fixing. You move the anchor point first, as "you should know youl'll need to do, if you properly plan out your graphics" ... and it just works as is.

Not sure that is the operative viewpoint from our user's side of things ... but as a practical thing, for now ... move the anchor point first.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Not the most user-friendly solution. Would be great if this was at least mentioned in Adobe Support if they truly don't intend to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a "fix" or a "change"?

I thnk they would see that as a change. Not a "fix".

Point of view matters a lot, eh?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lazer Wolf, I agree with you whole heartedly.  You can ALWAYS center an anchor point in AE and in pretty much every other program I use, even if it more or less breaks your animation to some degree ... you can still center it.  Adobe's laziness rears it's ugly head quite often with Premiere, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a hotkey shortcut for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't. Would you like to make a feature request? Go here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=a...

Hope they grant you that request ASAP.

Thanks, 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines