Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i try to reset parameter but it doesnt work

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021
Hi John, Yes, simply drag the Anchor Point from the lower left corner of the wireframe to the center of the wireframe. As you approach the center, press Control on PC or Command on Mac. A red cross hair will appear guiding you to the center of the wireframe and the anchor point. Let go of the mouse once both are aligned. Your anchor point is now centered in the text.   Anchor point now centered on textI hope that helps. Please see my earlier response for clarification.   Thanks,Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the new essential graphics text generator or the legacy title?

MtD

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just used the text tool and typed it in

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the text is centered on the line. Click in your text with the text tool and then look at the Essential Graphics Panel"

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 4.30.02 PM.png

MtD

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do it with Essential Graphics? tia.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg's answer was using the EGP.

Centering an anchor point in the EGP is at times tricky though. If you select the element in the EGP, such that you get a blue box around it, there's a little blue circle with a + sign in the middle that is the anchor point. Click on the little circle, and drag that to the center of the box.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag it to the center of the box? There is no numeric way or actual Centering button to ensure everything (i.e. stacks of things) lines up perfectly?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevdrone,

You can drag the anchor point to the center of the text box and it should snap into place. If you press Ctrl (WIN) or CMD (macOS), you can see alignment tools (red dotted lines) assist you. I don't believe there's another way but I'll ask around.

Duplicate text layers to retain text attributes. You can align multiple items using the alignment tools.

See MtDs post for how to create graphics with the Anchor Point already centered.

I agree that there should be a faster way to center the anchor point. In After Effects, there is that feature, for example. You double click on the Anchor Point (Pan Behind) tool. It's fast. My advice is to lay in a feature request over on the user voice site: Premiere Pro: Hot (3655 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Please return with any questions.

Thank You,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I agree that there should be a faster way to center the anchor point. In After Effects, there is that feature, for example. You double click on the Anchor Point (Pan Behind) tool."

In Premiere Pro CC19 (and I think in the earlier versions as well) you can press Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac), while dragging anchor point and it will snap at the center of the text box.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at everyone's replies and I see that they hold almost zero merit. As no one gives a direct answer or they use wierd termonoligies like MtD, and EGP. Someone needs to give a very basic answer is to, "How do you center the anchor point in Premier Pro?"

Everyone isn't a 10 year PR user, or video editor. Some of us are still new, please if there's anyone out there, give a simple answer, please.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Yes, simply drag the Anchor Point from the lower left corner of the wireframe to the center of the wireframe. As you approach the center, press Control on PC or Command on Mac. A red cross hair will appear guiding you to the center of the wireframe and the anchor point. Let go of the mouse once both are aligned. Your anchor point is now centered in the text.

Anchor point now centered on textAnchor point now centered on text

I hope that helps. Please see my earlier response for clarification.

Thanks,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MtD is short for MegTheDog ... his post is up above in this thread, and Kevin was referring to that. Also, yea, it's rough being a noob with a complex app as we all started there, but that said ... knowing the names of the workspace panels is really one of the first things to learn.

ECP is the Effects Control Panel.

EGP is the Essential Graphics Panel in the Graphics workspace.

ESP is the Essential Sound panel in the Audio workspace.

Premiere's anchor points can be odd. And I don't actually use the anchor points that much ... I simply animate the item, whether object or graphic/text. Except of course, if you're rotating especially you may wish to center the anchor point.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines