• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change mouse scroll wheel behavior?

Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an experienced user of Photoshop and digtial audio workstations, but brand new to Adobe Premere Pro. I would like to change Premiere's default behavior of the mouse scroll wheel. For example, I would like the scroll wheel to horizontally expand the timeline without having to hold the alt key. How do I do this? I've been all over Premiere's settings, but no joy.

Thanks.

Windows 10 2004

Adobe Premiere Pro v14.7.0

[text edited by mod]

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

There is no user-setting for that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no user-setting for that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Neil. I was afraid of that. I guess I've gotten spoiled by super-customizable apps, e.g., REAPER, Blender. Still enjoying Premiere though. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite right. For example, I've found that on Premiere for Windows my mouse wheel controls the side-to-side movement along the timeline. But if I click Ctrl as I use the wheel, the timeline will move up and down.

Note to Premiere programmers: we've been asking you folks for many years to allow a preference setting that controls mouse behavior. How 'bout it finally, huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SUNYBoy 

@will25171488kyd3 

Might want to read the original post again.

OP is asking to expand (or rather zoom in and out) horizontally with the mouse scroll without ALT.

See Neils answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

This actually is a setting you can change. Go into preferences, then select the timeline page, and from there choose the drop down next to, "Timeline mouse scrolling". I believe this will help you with the problem. Sorry I'm two years late. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might want to read the original question again.

I would like the scroll wheel to horizontally expand the timeline without having to hold the alt key.

Thread locked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines