• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the starting timecode?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Premiere CS5, and have a little kind of stupid question (because it probably is very easy).

I have made a sequence in my project, and are editing a quicktime that have a set timecode in frame. Now I can't figure out how to change the timecode of my sequence to match the timecode on the material I am editing.

Please tell me where I go to enter in a new timecode on my sequence, what button or menu have I not found?

Thanks everyone!

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Pull down the panel menu of the timeline (right top corner) and set Sequence Zero Point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want or need to do that?

BTW : I will find the answer for you . I know where to look but need to confirm for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but I really can't find the answer to my question in there.

I need to match up the timecode because I am making an excact EDL for my editor with some complex sfx shots. This EDL will therefor have to have the same timecode as the clip.

From the document:

Timecode- Specifies whether Premiere  Pro shows the original timecode imported clips, or assigns new timecode to them, starting at 00:00:00.

The imported timecode is wrong so that can't help me, and it seems like the only other option is to assign a new timecode, problem is I don't want it to start at 00:00:00. I want it to start on a number of my choice. Is that possible?

In Final Cut and Avid this is actually very easy, so I was hoping it was on Premiere too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pull down the panel menu of the timeline (right top corner) and set Sequence Zero Point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! That's what I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar situation and was looking for an answer to change the timecode start time. In my case I wanted the timecode to represent the actual time of the conference I was filming. This then allowed us to use our written records to find clips we needed based upon what time they occurred.

Things may have changed in premiere since the original posting of this question but in CS5.5 the Timecode effect has an option for defining the start time. Simply apply Timecode to a transparent layer and change the 'starting timecode' field.

I also didn't want the complication of displaying the number of 'frames' in the timecode and so simply applied the crop effect to remove the last two digits.

Doubtful this will help the original OP but hopefully someone like myself who found this thread at a later date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: The menu IS indeed at the top right of the TAB at the top of the Timeline panel (APPCC 2014). But the menu option has changed to "Start Time...".

Hope that helps

(Previous Reply) This no longer seems to be the location of the menu you mention as of Adobe Premiere CC 2014. Also, I do not see a "Sequence Zero Point" option in the "Wrench" menu in the top left of the timeline panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better if there was a way to use the clip timecode. If I choose New Sequence from Clip, I expect it to have the same Timecode. Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue with CC(2015)

Using an Adjustment Layer and applying TC Effect only got me the starting point of 01:00:00:00. No matter what I changed I couldn't get it to started at 00:00:00:00

So I nested all the clips and applyed TC effect to the nested clip setting the Timecode-Source to "media"

That helped..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a project now and just ran into this. Cannot get the time code to display a start of anything but 47 minutes. The timeline set start time is 00;00;00;00, which should cause the time code to start at '0' too. The current time marker shows the correct time, but the time code effect applied shows everything +47 minutes of action time.

I did the work around of adding transparent video and applying time code to that and that allows the time code to match up with the current time, but one would think that changing the time code options from Clip, Media or Generate, should change the result. It has not effect though. Baffling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PPCC2020
Create new adjustment layer.. than set it to nest..
pull the TIMECODE from effect into nest..
maybe help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines