• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I export a Sequence or Single Clip from Premiere via Media Encoder?

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I go to Premiere export settings I can select just a portion to be rendered out, so I do that and hit Queue for it to be sent to Media Encoder. But when it opens up in Media Encoder it is the entire movie project, not just the selected snippet.

So how can I export just a snipped from my movie?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you selecting the portion? In, out points or work area. My Windows machine works correctly using either.

Could we have a screen shot of your export panel, something like this:

Export settings 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

thing is, no matter how I cut the slice in the export window or choose Entire Sequence, Sequence In/Out/Work are/custom when I hit Queue and open Media Encoder the queued file always show the full length of the movie so I assume it will render the entire thing rather than my selected piece in Premiere.

Or is this just how it's shown in Media Encoder and it will infact only render the slice?

I have not tested it since it takes me like 5 hours for a tiny bit cus my computer is in dire need of an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dumb question from me:

Do you have the in/out points or work area set properly in your timeline sequence, and not just in the export dialog?

As Richard suggested, a screenshot of your export settings would help, as would a screenshot of your sequence.

Please embed both screenshots:

PleaseEmbedImages.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines