Highlighted

How do I get the best performance in Premiere Pro with my laptop/GPUs?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I recently purchased a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15. I plan on using Premiere Pro regularly, but I am discovering issues already during my first project. When I apply effects (right now I'm mostly using Noise, Wave Warp, and Lumetri Color), the CPU/GPU fans begin running at full blast and the software runs very slow/choppy. Certain effects will state that GPU Acceleration is required - this does not go away when I enable GPU acceleration, so it's impossible for me to use these effects (I believe this is mostly related to the VR effects). I'm already working with proxies of my 1920x1080 footage and reducing the resolution as low as possible. This laptop came with two GPUs - an AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1636) and a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design. The processor is an AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS.

Any advice on how to optimize performance with these specs would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I get the best performance in Premiere Pro with my laptop/GPUs?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I recently purchased a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15. I plan on using Premiere Pro regularly, but I am discovering issues already during my first project. When I apply effects (right now I'm mostly using Noise, Wave Warp, and Lumetri Color), the CPU/GPU fans begin running at full blast and the software runs very slow/choppy. Certain effects will state that GPU Acceleration is required - this does not go away when I enable GPU acceleration, so it's impossible for me to use these effects (I believe this is mostly related to the VR effects). I'm already working with proxies of my 1920x1080 footage and reducing the resolution as low as possible. This laptop came with two GPUs - an AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1636) and a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design. The processor is an AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS.

Any advice on how to optimize performance with these specs would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using VR effects on non VR footage. If so, the effects are not designed for non VR footage.

See if you can turn off the AMD graphics processor in the bios.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0