• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i put more Than 5 Effects Into a Audio Channel Mixer slot?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i put more Than 5 Effects Into a Audio Channel slot?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Send the track to a submix and add more effects there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're doing that much work with audio you might want to consider going to Audition. "Edit sequence in Audition " is a slick way to work in a full audio app and have your work become the audio in PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maaan, lol  see i guess , but i dont want to have to subscribe to another Adobe product, and yes i know they have the whole suite for  what ever a month but i literary  just need 6 effects , so you mean to tell me just to do more than 5 i have to use another program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send the track to a submix and add more effects there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew others would be offering the standard things like using sub mixes, which of course are the "accepted" way to handle complex mixing.

Between the usefulness of AfterEffects, Audition, and Prelude for everything from graphics through roto to sound to ingesting media and setting backup locations and such automatically  ... the suite can be a massive help.

I run Illustrator, InDesign, Character Animator, Bridge, Photoshop and Lightroom past the digital video apps. Very useful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Sigh* I appreciate the help lol But Its looking like Davinci Is starting to look more and more Good and making the switch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So using a submix is such a hassle you'll learn a completely different editing process?

Seems there's something I'm not tracking here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submix is not a huge deal... but why Adobe why?  Is there really no solution to having more than 5 audio effects on one channel?  I was looking for a solution myself and stumbled across this thread.  I find it hard to belive there isn't a way to add more effects channels.  Anyone have a quick key combo or setting change to make more effects channels available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, if you're serious about video editing, switching softwares will do you little good, there isn't a magical NLE that does everything for you.

In my career, I have worked professionally on Media Composer, Final Cut, Premiere, and Resolve. They all come with their own downsides. As an editor, it's up to you to figure out workarounds and workflows that work best for you and the for the project you're handling.

You'll be mistaken if you think you can just switch softwares and all your problems will disappear.

In the end, just pick one NLE and stick with it, whichever it is. You'll have more understanding of its ups and downs and you'll go far in your career. Switch softwares and you'll have to face a new batch of issues and mishaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because leaving Premier for audio needs causes a lot of unnecessary complication and headache.  I'm working on a 20 show Multicam project plagued with audio issues.  ISO audio files are needed, everything has to stay in sync plus the flexibility to quickly make editorial changes without the round trip circus.  There is a good reason to want more audio effects inserts, and I see no reason why an option couldn't, or should't exist.  That is why I'm hoping it does.  If I find a solution elsewhere I will post here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked out editing the audio in Audition? You can send things from Premiere to Audition in a moment, and as a DAW, it's got a better range of tools. You can save as stems, replace tracks, whatever ... and don't have to do any conform out/in process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you keep telling people to switch to your company's other softwares? Don't you understand how difficult and time consuming it is to learn a whole new application and may even end up becoming dependent on it? Or you actually do but just simply don't care and keep promoting them anyways? Time for a switch for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, I'm not a staffer. None of the ACPs are, we are simply other users that like to help out our peers.

Second ... your comment seems odd. Switching to another app as your base NLE ... AND learning a complete new DAW for your audio, is actually a LOT more work than simply working with Audition at times.

Resolve is the other main NLE people try ... and within that, Fairlight is it's main audio "page". Fairlight is a completely different app that BlackMagic purchased and plopped into Resolve. And is puzzling for many Resolve users, because it operates rather differently than the edit & color "pages" do.

Within Pr, one can easily add effects to the ECP for clips, or even full tracks of selected clips, all still within Pr. Many do, rather than going to Au.

But bouncing over to Audition is rather easy.

Learning a completely different UI that also has a very different audio process ... is much harder. And note, I work in Resolve daily.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines