Highlighted

How do I remove a color?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short timelapse video of a storyboard being drawn out.  The artist used a green marker first to lay things out and then drew over those lines in other colors to create the finished piece.  I've tried using color key and ultra key, which resulted in a black line instead of green, and ultra key and resulted in a red line.  I'm guessing that this is pilot error, but I can't figure out where I am going wrong.  I've attached screen shots to help.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I remove a color?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short timelapse video of a storyboard being drawn out.  The artist used a green marker first to lay things out and then drew over those lines in other colors to create the finished piece.  I've tried using color key and ultra key, which resulted in a black line instead of green, and ultra key and resulted in a red line.  I'm guessing that this is pilot error, but I can't figure out where I am going wrong.  I've attached screen shots to help.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your key (the green being knocked out), but it sounds like you do not have your fill (the picture that replaces the green).

Did you stoot a "clean" shot of the paper?  That is, with nothing drawn?

Assuming you have that, layer it in the track under the footage being keyed and you should get the results you're looking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the reply.  So just selecting a color in the "Fill" box, which I changed to white, won't do it?  I could take a screen shot of just the white paper in the few seconds it is on screen and put that under the footage for the whole length of the video.  What that do it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0