• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save a file in PP 15.1 (2021) so I can open it in PP 14 (2020)

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to compatibility issues with some other software, I need to revert my MacMini back to Catalina from BigSur. Which means I'll be running PP 14 on Catalina, and I've got some files that I created/edited in PP 15, which won't open in 14. Is there a way to save a file in PP 15 so it can be opened in 14? I can't find a simple one, and I'm astounded that they don't have that option. I know it's possible with ProTools, and can't imagine it's not possible with Premiere Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Pro forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ann,

Thanks so much for the link! I finally got around to trying it today. I followed the instructions, and the file opened in PP 14, but then when I try to play the file, I get an error message and PP shuts down.Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 12.46.35 PM.png Any idea why this might be happening?And I'm surprised that Adobe doesn't have a way to do this, I would think there are a lot of people running both 14 and 15 on different machines.

Thanks again for any suggestions or ideas you might have, much appreciated.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- deleted by me --

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines