Highlighted

How do I save a title in my timeline to a bin with Essential Graphics?

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere Pro 14 on an iMac.

I just want to

1. create a new title, save it to a bin, and make the parameters a master style (for example: Lower Thirds.)

2. Then I want to create a new title with different text, that has all the same "Lower Third"parameters, that I can just drag and drop on the new title.

3. And I want to save all the titles I create into a bin as a list.

I've read several articles on Premiere website, and also looked at tutorials on the web, but none of these show me how to do this. (at least not clearly.)

I wonder if I should just use Legacy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrice

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Phillip Harvey | Adobe Community Professional

The main barrier you're going to have is that it sounds like you want your text layers to behave like clips, which unfortunately is not how the Essential Graphics text layers work. You can create a master style (shows up in Project Panel), you can create a preset (Shows up in Effects Panel) and both will behave somewhat similarly, but the text layers or other Essential Graphics elements themselves will not be clips. For some people that's great. Less clutter in the Project Panel. For some people, that's a major flaw and they prefer Legacy Titles for that reason.

If I was making custom lower thirds using basic Premiere tools, I think I'd just create my text and animation and save that as a preset. In a new project you'll need to at least initially create a text or other graphic layer to drag that preset down to. And after that you can hold alt and duplicate it as many times as you want. A gif example I have for duplicating  subtitles in a similar way looks like this:

Subtitles.gif

I hope it at least clarifies some things, even if it's not the behavior you're looking for.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I save a title in my timeline to a bin with Essential Graphics?

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere Pro 14 on an iMac.

I just want to

1. create a new title, save it to a bin, and make the parameters a master style (for example: Lower Thirds.)

2. Then I want to create a new title with different text, that has all the same "Lower Third"parameters, that I can just drag and drop on the new title.

3. And I want to save all the titles I create into a bin as a list.

I've read several articles on Premiere website, and also looked at tutorials on the web, but none of these show me how to do this. (at least not clearly.)

I wonder if I should just use Legacy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrice

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Phillip Harvey | Adobe Community Professional

The main barrier you're going to have is that it sounds like you want your text layers to behave like clips, which unfortunately is not how the Essential Graphics text layers work. You can create a master style (shows up in Project Panel), you can create a preset (Shows up in Effects Panel) and both will behave somewhat similarly, but the text layers or other Essential Graphics elements themselves will not be clips. For some people that's great. Less clutter in the Project Panel. For some people, that's a major flaw and they prefer Legacy Titles for that reason.

If I was making custom lower thirds using basic Premiere tools, I think I'd just create my text and animation and save that as a preset. In a new project you'll need to at least initially create a text or other graphic layer to drag that preset down to. And after that you can hold alt and duplicate it as many times as you want. A gif example I have for duplicating  subtitles in a similar way looks like this:

Subtitles.gif

I hope it at least clarifies some things, even if it's not the behavior you're looking for.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subtitles.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to make use of bins with the Legacy Titler has been discussed in several threads. I hope Adobe is listening. Will we be able to save the EGP titles in bins by NAB 2021? I hope so. As of now I still use the Legacy Titler for the bins feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andy, is there a decent User Voice post for that? All I could find was a post with 1 upvote. I'm sure there is more support for your idea than that. Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is more than these two links that mention bins for the EGP but I am not going to track them down because they are side comments for other threads. That being said the Premiere Pro project manager should read the comments in these froums. The question was asked why we still use the Legacy Titler. We gave several valid responses. There are people that agree storing titles in bins would be nice. Keep in mind I doubt 10 days go by without a post about Blu-ray and DVD authoring. Many people need a Blu-ray authoring program. Keep in mind they used to have one. I want to be able to make 4k Blu-ray disks. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/legacy-title-why-are-you-still-using-it/td-p/11128408?pa...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/legacy-titles-not-working-with-new-update-premiere/td-p/...

https://youtu.be/QjyWL_1rH-c

This video demonstrates the metadata capabilities of the legacy titling system over the essential graphics panel (EGP). If you agree with my comments let Ado...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't store graphics in bins. You need to setup either Libraries or Local Folders in the EGP Browse panel, and then store them there.

Why? Graphics made in the mogrts era of Premiere aren't actual clips, actual media. They're simply metadata on file. The assets in bins are expected to be more ... "solid", I suppose you could say.

So they built a specialized system to hold graphics, including search capabilities and all that. But again, you create your "bins" as Local Folders or additional named Libraries in the EGP Browse panel.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 3