• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I select the Poster Frame when exporting to video?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP CS6

I cannot find how to select the frame that I want to appear as the Poster Frame in the exported video.

I can select it I can change one by right clicking an imported video OK but not the sequence!

I've been through every menu I can find & even Lynda.com training!

I'm sure that there must be a way but I'm blowed if I can find it!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

There are two common meanings for the phrase "poster frame":

1. A standalone image on disk (JPG etc) which is displayed by a player before the video is loaded - commonly used by video player apps on websites (YouTube etc), InDesign and PDF files, etc. so the video asset doesn't have to be opened in order for the viewer to see what they're about to watch - although the image is normally captured from the video it doesn't have to be.
  2. An image resource embedded into the XMP/ID3 data of a video or audio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Hi,

Make a feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK guys, this *is* solvable, but like a lot of things that we have asked Adobe to address it doesn't work *in* Premiere.

I use MP3tag: it does MP4 that I know, not tried it with other files. You select the picture you want - make it into a .jpg, pull the clip into MP3tag select 'add cover', pull in the pic, and save.

There is another thread looking at Poster Frames where someone suggested Tag Editor which does the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

=sigh=

commenting on a thread that I have already commented on... not cool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, but I can't find in AME a preset that allows you to export a still image "alongside your video."  Could you clarify which preset I should be looking for?

"You can create standalone JPEG images from PP using the camera icon below the monitor and can semi-automate the export of a still image alongside your video using presets in Adobe Media Encoder..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to place a thumbnail during the encoding process. While encoding with "Me" move the slider in the preview window until you find the area you want to show as thumbnail then encode. That area should come up as your thumbnail post encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I was suddenly invited at the very end of a project to 'stop that picture of me appearing on the file'

Yeah, suddenly I was in Poster Frame Hell.

After some headless chicken time I checked out an absolute favorite of mine MP3tag, and for MP4 files it works a treat.

and it works - you can find out how to do it but its really really simple to do - I was in a rush, I used the snipping tool to grab the frame I wanted and MP3tag did its stuff...

can we ask for this to be built into media encoder

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Make a feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, thanks for the link...

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for an answer too and found a solution which works perfect in windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrZMFFUsnzU

It's called tag editor. Link for download:

https://github.com/Martchus/tageditor/releases

I tried it 30 min ago. Happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Tag Editor and MP3tag replace the poster frame on the MP4 file.  But in my experience, when that video is uploaded to Dropbox, the poster frame reverts back to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines