• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop filling up my SDD drive during outputs?

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 250 GB solid state boot drive (140 GB free) and 1.5 TB HD on my system.

Adobe installs applications on the SDD drive, and when I move them they don't function properly so it appears they must stay there.

My problem is, outputting massive (3.5 hour long) 4K shows eats up all of the 140 GB of free room on my SDD -- mainly by Audio Preview folders located deep in the system /var/folders/zg/rkqdw2652b16dsbfbq5b2fvr0000gn/T

sddfill.jpeg

So, after 70 hours of outputting, it gets down to a few GB free on the SDD and crashes.  Quite depressing!

My work-around will be to render out the audio so the previews are minimal and output -- but isn't there a way to tell it where the temporary render files should live during an output?

I've changed preferences on both Premiere and Encoder to use the HD as the cache drive but that doesn't seem to impact where the hidden files populate during an output.

The work-around of outputting audio first and then inserting that into the sequence before outputting should solve it but I prefer actual solutions so avoid that step -- which takes over an hour.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Drive C space http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1007934?tstart=0

When I start a project I set my temp and output file locations to a drive of my choice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering Audio files is very time consuming when your sequence is 3.5 hours long!

aud.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drive C space http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1007934?tstart=0

When I start a project I set my temp and output file locations to a drive of my choice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  My error was that I thought it was in the Media Cache file settings under preferences ...

555.jpg

Instead, it's actually under Project Settings Scratch Disks.

222.jpg

Strange because I though Cache disks were the same as Scratch Disks.  And, why are they in two separate menus?

Regardless -- I think this should work and will try it.  Thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines