• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you deal with 2 different cameras recording the same scene?

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I plan to record a scene from 2 different angles, one from the right, another from the left, may be play a little bit with the height, but the problem is that I'm gonna use 2 different cameras: a smartphone and a Sony camera.

I still have't done any testing, but I believe I'm going to get 2 different scenes, I mean, when I mix both angles and switch them, it's gonna look weird because the colors are going to be different.

How do you manage to make the project one scene that looks the same when you use 2 different cameras?

Do you first apply some colors tweaks and stuff to make both scenes look the same, and then apply the rest of VFX like keying, filters, etc...?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You first do your basic color correction then comes the color grading.

Lumetri has a feature for matching shots: comparison view.

https://helpx.adobe.com/search-results.html?q=comparison+view&facets_fields=%5B%22applicable_product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I teach color correction in Premiere on the pro colorist's website MixingLight.com.

I'd recommend first transcoding that phone media to constant frame-rate in HandBrake so that it will correctly handle both video and audio time units.

Then use the Multicam process to create a multicam sequence to cut between the two images as you prefer.

Then for color correction, use the Color Workspace and the Lumetri panel as Ann notes. But with a twist ...

• Correct the full media first.
  • Then set the program monitor to Comparison view in side-by-side mode.
  • Pick a good frame for each clip, and using the Comparison view feature of the program monitor, set the two chosen frames side by side, each showing a spot with the face shown as closely as possible to the other. Your full media should be on the left, the phone on the right.
  • Now use the "Apply Match" option on the Lumetri color wheels & match tab. This will get pretty close.
  • Use the rest of the Lumetri controls to get as close as you can.
  • You may need to modify the full media to be closer to the phone for best match.

Now the twist ... go to the Effects Control panel, and click on the Lumetri effect for each clip, Cut, then click on the Master Clip tab for that clip, and Paste that Lumetri effect on the Master clip effects panel.

Do that for both clips.

Now ... the color correction you've applied will affect the entirety of both clips.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines