• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you maintain versions of your PP project with a dynamically linked AE composition

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.  Fairly obvious question (I hope) - I started a Premiere Pro project which includes a dynamically linked After Effects composition.  I've finished my version 1, which might be the final version but I'd like to experiment with a few additional effects which I'm not sure I will keep (or will work).  

How do I save the version 1 of the project as is, yet continue working on a copy with additional effects which I might not keep (or which migh be the final version)?  It seems that if a save the project to a new name (say Version 2) in Premiere Pro, it's still referencing the same dynamically linked AE composition that I used in version 1.  And new work added in Version 2 will modify my Version 1.

Thank you,

Marc

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no reason why you can't "edit original" by control clicking on the ae comp in the premiere timeline which will launch. ae and the project and then do a save as within ae after you've made your changes and then just bring that updated comp into premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines