• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you move an audio keyframe without changing volume level?

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried holding ALT etc...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

I'm assuming you're talking about doing this in the timeline on a clip, so if that's the case you can click on the keyframe so it's blue and then hold shiftto constrain your movement. If you hold Shift and then click the already blue keyframe then it will become deselected. You can also open the Effects Controls panel, click on the clip, twirl down the Volume parameters and twirl down Level. This will give you access to a linear view of the keyframes where you don't have to worry about accidenta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're talking about doing this in the timeline on a clip, so if that's the case you can click on the keyframe so it's blue and then hold shiftto constrain your movement. If you hold Shift and then click the already blue keyframe then it will become deselected. You can also open the Effects Controls panel, click on the clip, twirl down the Volume parameters and twirl down Level. This will give you access to a linear view of the keyframes where you don't have to worry about accidentally changing the volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David! I did try SHIFT, but it didn't work... so this time I tried the RIGHT SHIFT which works fine, but LEFT SHIFT no good. (Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I try right shift, although it constrains the volume movement to a certain degree, it still adjusts the volume by over 1 db each time I move a keyframe in the timeline which is extremely frustrating. I have recently moved to Windows 10 after years of editing in Premiere on Mac OS, I never noticed this issue until I moved over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio keyframes are completely screwed up. Is there any way for us to just hold shift and move the audio keyframes without them moving up or down in volume. This has radically slowed my editing process completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click and hold the keyframe or selection of keyframes you want to move with the pen tool; and THEN hold shift while continuing to hold the keyframes, it will move while maintaining the level. Its a bit unintuitive and annoying but works fine. I only ask that you pass this knowledge on to your friends.

_ Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines