• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how i edit bt 2020 color?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. First of all, I'm sorry for using Google Translator. hope you understand. What I am curious about is the color of the result of shooting with hlg3, bt2020 on Sony a7m3. pic 1 is the color when the clip is posted on the premiere timeline. pic 2 is when playing the clip in QuickTime player. How can I get the color of pic 2 in the premiere and edit it to produce the result? Please help a lot.

pic 1.png

pic 2.jpg

[Moderator note: Do NOT use the "attach files" box to add images, as that requires users to download strange files to their computer before viewing them. Please add the images directly to your reply by drag/dropping them onto your reply box text entry area. I fixed this for you in this post.]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the first question I should ask is: is your intent to export an HDR file? Or did you just shoot in HLG/Rec2020 for editing flexibility, and intend on creating a Rec 709 SDR file at the end of the day?

If you're doing the latter, the one thing you really just need to keep in mind is that Premiere Pro works in Rec 709. If Display Color Management is turned OFF in Premiere, then you will see the video "through the lens" of your display profile set in your OS. If it's on, you'll see a close to Rec 709 reproduction. So in this case you may just wish to ensure you have color management turned on so what you see in Premiere accurately reflects Rec 709 standards

If you're trying to do the former...

TO EDIT HDR:  As mentioned PrPro uses a Rec 709 workflow. While you can set Lumetri Color scopes to Rec 2020 and work with the media, it unfortunately takes extra effort (and equipment!) if you want to get accurate HDR output on your display. R Neil Haugen has a great guide on this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-setting-up-for-hdr-work-in-premiere-2020/td-p/106464...

TO EXPORT HDR: You will need to export in a codec that supports a Rec 2020 gamut, and be sure to enable that in your export settings. For example if you are exporting H.264, you would need set the Profile to High10 and check the "Rec 2020 Color Primaries" box. If you don't do any of this, the file will be exported as Rec 709, because that is the standard working space for Premiere.

I've also heard QuickTime Player has had some particularly nasty issues with color/gamma shift unrelated to standard color space differences, but I am not sure if this is specific to certain codecs. I admittedly have not experienced this myself. You may just wish to avoid QuickTime Player as a means to check your work. Bring the export back into Premiere Pro instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As awh11 noted, you can only properly "see" HDR media "within" Premiere if you have the external card and gear mentioned in my post that awh11 mentions. Premiere can only display Rec.709 images internally.

So with as awh11 noted, Display Color Management off, you may get a flat looking file, and with it on, you may get a contrasty blown-out view. Neither is of course correct, as ... again ... you need to have the proper gear to "see" proper HDR on your monitor ... which needs to BE a full HDR monitor.

And currently, Premiere can use the Rec2020 primaries inside a Rec.2100/HLG workflow. They're working on it of course.

So ... what is your monitoring setup? Are you trying to create HDR material for delivery, and if so ... where?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to follow along here, in awh's first post he said:

'So in this case you may just wish to ensure you have color management turned on so what you see in Premiere accurately reflects Rec 709 standards.'

Is the "on" in the middle of the sentance correct or a typo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, that is enabled or "on" for most systems. Especially on most systems not running a broadcast type monitor via external LUT box, or capable of internal LUT storage.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @baesuhyun,

the greenish skin tone in pic 1 is due to the color shift between the BT.2020 color space of HDR and the Rec.709 color space of Premiere (SDR). Assuming you want to output in Rec.709 the easiest way to solve this in Premiere is by applying a LUT that converts from the BT.2020 color space to the Rec.709 color space. One that is doing a good job of this is e.g. the pointecc cc-LUT:

If however you actually want to output to HDR follow the previous posts - and yes they are right, you need HDR equipment to see HDR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the post ... good information!

Now (October of 2020) they do have the color space options for the media itself from right-clicking in the bins, and for sequences from the Sequence Settings menu. Setting those correctly should also correct the color issues.

But ... again as noted here are elsewhere ... you still won't be able to view proper HDR files on a monitor unless the monitor is connected through the AJA/BlackMagic devices linked elsewhere for HDR work in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is just the color transfer.

In the video file, there are some values that indicate to the player what to interpretate. Some players avoid them (like QuickTime, maybe), but Premiere reads that metadata.

Those values are:

Transfer_characteristics

Color_primaries

Color_range

That metadata can be removed or modified with Ffmpeg (or their GUI) without reecoding. That not affect to real content.

Have a look here:

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bitstream-filters.html#hevc_005fmetadata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines