Highlighted

How I make the Right Click Menu display completely?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a silly one but I'm working on Premiere and sometimes I use that menu. It opens downwards from where I click and since I click it only when I'm on the bottom of the screen, the menu only shows some options and an arrow down to display the rest. What I want to do is to make the menu open using all the screen it needs in order to show every option. I know that's possible, I mean every other app does that.

If it wasn't clear enough I leave some photos. (ignore the language).

This is how it opens:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.49.35.png

And this is how I want to open directly without me having to scroll down:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.50.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How I make the Right Click Menu display completely?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a silly one but I'm working on Premiere and sometimes I use that menu. It opens downwards from where I click and since I click it only when I'm on the bottom of the screen, the menu only shows some options and an arrow down to display the rest. What I want to do is to make the menu open using all the screen it needs in order to show every option. I know that's possible, I mean every other app does that.

If it wasn't clear enough I leave some photos. (ignore the language).

This is how it opens:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.49.35.png

And this is how I want to open directly without me having to scroll down:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.50.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd, on my Mac system if I control click on an element near the bottom of the Premiere window, the drop down menu drops up:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.07.15 AM.png

I have no idea how you can control that but am wondering if by chance you are using a smaller screen laptop to edit?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know that's not supposed to happen. In my desktop computer that doesn't happen but still, my laptop it's a 15-inch macbook pro, it's not that small.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen resolution has to be a minimum of 1280x800.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it on my 15" Mac Book Pro and get the correct action:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.29.41 AM.png

My screen rez on the lap top is set to default.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it has a bigger one

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Premiere moves in mysterious ways you can always try trashing preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird, I have it on default (1440x900). I tried changing it and it works properly when I put a bigger resolution. But from 1440x900 or less doesn't works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just measured the context menu for a clip in a sequence, and that menu is 914 pixels tall. Maybe Premiere will only show part of the menu if it's taller than the display's vertical pixel dimension.

To test that, what happens if you right-click the Program monitor? That menu is 766 pixels tall. If the entire menu displays on a 900px tall display, that would indicate Premiere only shortens menus that exceed the display height. If that menu also displays partially from the bottom, then it's not because of the menu height vs display height.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm . . . my 15 inch Mac Pro display is 1680 x 1050.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue - even though it didn't occur before a recent OSX update.
I've been editing on this 2017 MacBook Pro (15-inch) since 2017, and I never had this problem until recently.

This week, I will plug in an external 24-inch monitor to my machine and see if the problem still persists.

Then, I'll share an update here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you have any luck finding out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0