Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is it possible that Premiere 14.3.2 needs too much RAM

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I try to work with premiere but there is huge memory leakage and I have errors like :

- MPEG Preview (import 9)

- Memory leakage using all 13GB allowed for Adobe (on a 16GB RAM memory)

- Premiere crashes so bad, I need to restart the laptop with long press on ON/OFF button

My scomputer has:

- Intel i5-9300H 2.4GHz to 4GHz

- Windows 10 with the latest update

- 16GB RAM

- 1To with 50GB avalaible on drive C and 50 on drive D

Anyone found a fix to this issue? I tried following  settings:

- Changing from CUDA to OpenCL to Software Only in Project Settings

- Deactivating Hardware acceleration in Preferences/Media

- I cleaned the media cache and optimized rendering for Performances

How is it possible? We pay for this software and it is not possible to work decently. This software becomes worst with years and Adobe has to fix all those bugs 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean 1 terabyte as to your drive capacity.  you should always have at least 10% free space on all drives and at least 20% free space on your startup drive...  The OS uses the free space on your startup drive when it runs out of ram and 16 gigs of ram is the minimum for Premiere.  Try freeing up some space on both hard drives and see if that improves your performance.    Also, not sure if 3 gigs for OS and othe programs is sufficient...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory leak confirmed - it happens to me quite a bit, and my workstation has 64GB.

After Effects is getting worse at it, consuming for a very short period all of the RAM and causing everything to shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regardless of the memory leak issue, letting your hard drives fill up to that level is dangerous and can result in corruption and failure.   Many recording and export processes create larger files during the process than the final export file size and if you do not have sufficient drive space things can go south... 

And if you're having the same issue in both premiere and aftereffects I'd wonder if there's a system wide issue because both programs are very different beasts.  

What formats are your sources and sequences/comps?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you ask people for troubleshooting your problem,

don't forget to post your complete specs , video codecs and resolution of files you work on.
If you are working with 4K, 16GB ram is not way near enough. 32 is the bare minimum. SO less than that it will result in often crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines