Highlighted

How it's possible to keep the playhead at same position in all sequences? (same as in Aftereffects)

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on different Sequences, which are parallel in time (because variations and footage parts of the same video).

To compare I would need the playhead being always synchronously at the same framenumber.

In AfterEffects this is standard.

At least I am searching for Premiere the possibility to have it like in After Effects in all opened sequences at the same framenumber

AND

often I need also to the contrary in AfterEffects, where I do NOT want the playhead to leave its position when working on another part of the sequence at a different framenumber.

Thanks for help.

p.s. Multicam would be no solution for my need, this is way too simple for my task

Premiere Pro has no such capability.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How it's possible to keep the playhead at same position in all sequences? (same as in Aftereffects)

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on different Sequences, which are parallel in time (because variations and footage parts of the same video).

To compare I would need the playhead being always synchronously at the same framenumber.

In AfterEffects this is standard.

At least I am searching for Premiere the possibility to have it like in After Effects in all opened sequences at the same framenumber

AND

often I need also to the contrary in AfterEffects, where I do NOT want the playhead to leave its position when working on another part of the sequence at a different framenumber.

Thanks for help.

p.s. Multicam would be no solution for my need, this is way too simple for my task

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have yo tried ganging reference and program monitor?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

that's quite sad it can't...

I'm fighting with that problem especially with komplex music editing, where a lot things are parallel in time.

The reference and programm monitor are of course synchronous, but it's no help, when I have about 10 different scenes to compare.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines