Highlighted

How mark out point in sequence at playhead

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I mark an out point in a sequence, Premiere automatically places the out point one frame after my playhead. How can I make premiere set the out point exactly where my playhead is and not after it? See screenshot attached.

you have to work with what you got. When the playhead is located at the beginning of a frame that's what you SEE in your program monitor. You DON'T see the frame before - you see the CURRENT FRAME.

So, knowing that, and looking at your program monitor, use arrow key and go back one frame ( the nice one you want as your out point )... and make your out point. That point will show the frame you want as your out point.

That's a lot easier to do then looking at the timeline and thinking the frame BEFORE the playhead should be programmed as the out point. It would screw up the whole world of editing if that were done. Cause why ?

Cause people would have to advance to the frame they DON'T WANT as their out point, in order to get the right outpoint.

Try to work with what you have.

🙂

Good luck !

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How mark out point in sequence at playhead

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I mark an out point in a sequence, Premiere automatically places the out point one frame after my playhead. How can I make premiere set the out point exactly where my playhead is and not after it? See screenshot attached.

you have to work with what you got. When the playhead is located at the beginning of a frame that's what you SEE in your program monitor. You DON'T see the frame before - you see the CURRENT FRAME.

So, knowing that, and looking at your program monitor, use arrow key and go back one frame ( the nice one you want as your out point )... and make your out point. That point will show the frame you want as your out point.

That's a lot easier to do then looking at the timeline and thinking the frame BEFORE the playhead should be programmed as the out point. It would screw up the whole world of editing if that were done. Cause why ?

Cause people would have to advance to the frame they DON'T WANT as their out point, in order to get the right outpoint.

🙂

Good luck !

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Good luck !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 1
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your playhead is postioned on the first frame of the second clip and not on the last frame of the first clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you and salvo34 are saying, but is there a way I can change the Mark Out Point command so that it places the out point one frame the playhead by default? As I use the up and down arrows to jump to edit points in the sequence, I have to manually go back one frame every time I want to mark the out point for b-roll over a clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, first sentence should read "...so that it places the out point one frame before the playhead by default"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select clip or clips then forward slash, that is what I use.

Please embed your screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's a helpful tool! It won't work for all edits, but it'll do the trick for some.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.11.26 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0