How to add images frame-by-frame?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I selected the right typics. Sorry if it's been answered, but I'm new and am trying to take a pre-existing animation and add my own hilarity to it. I'd like to be able to animate by adding images to it frame-by-frame.  

I couldn't do what I wanted to on programs like Kapwing, because it just sticks the image in the same place throughout the clip, when I need to animate for what I want to do. 

(I'd like reveal what I'm working on, but I'm too proud of this and don't want to risk this idea being stolen. ^_^' )

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I think you need to create your frame animation separately (perhaps in Photoshop or After Effects) and then motion track the source. You can then apply your animation to the original. Do you have a subscription plan to include Photoshop and After Effects? That's where I would aim.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Kevin says - After Effects and Photoshop are likely the best option for what you are trying to do.

It does depend on the complexity of your animations. If you just want to overlay a few additional images - say edited and 'masked' in Photoshop and then drop them on the existing video and create 'simple' animated moves, then yes it's possible to do this in Premiere Pro.

Anything that requires multiple (new) frames, complex animated moves or tracking to the existing video = After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines