How to adjust timing of feet walking so they are exactly on beat to music?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see lots of vids about timing cuts to beats.  But not how to adjust the speed of a video clip so that the steps (walking dancing etc) is exactly on beat.  What's the best way?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the challenging question, Rachel. I'm more of an editor than a shooter, but I hope I can help.

At the 20,000 foot level: you'll have to adjust the speed of the clip to some extent by using Time Remapping or standard Speed effects. Twixtor is often used in more advanced speed tricks like you describe.

This topic is kind of a black art. It depends a lot on the footage, and whether you shot the footage to take best advantage of the music: shot over or undercranked, or even having playback at the set. Altering speed of the playback, then shooting it at a specific frame rate is another trick I've seen. Sometimes you have control over all these things, sometimes none of these things. 

We need more info on your goals, or else we'd be guessing as to what you want to accomplish. Some sample footage might help too. If this is more of a general question, than I hope others can shed light on resources and better tips on getting started.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines