• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to burn 1920x1080 video without losing quality? Don't want to use blu ray.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to burn 1920x1080 video without losing quality? Don't want to use blu ray.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to use HD material on a DVD and play it in a DVD player... the data rate is different, which is why BluRay was invented

Link to DVD Demystified FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/544206

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you burning to? dvd?

DVD is SD so you will loose all your HD quality. There is a way to burn small HD projects to dvd but you will need a Bluray player to play the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I was using Adobe Encore to burn my dvd files... which were HD, but using standard DVD was compressing to 720. So the only way to keep my HD 1080 vid is to use a blu ray burner. What if my clients don't hv blu ray? Will a dual dvd not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, only a Bluray player will playback HD. If they have a smart tv they might be able to play from a memory stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I get what you're saying... so even if I record at HD my clients want to able to see the HD unless they have a blu ray. I think it's crazy especially since a lot of don't have blu rays, really defeat the purpose of recording in HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Richard said, try digital delivery. Many new HD TVs have a USB port that will play many types of media files from a USB stick. Give customer an HD file in the H.264 format (.mp4). Even without one of those TVs, most any PC or Mac ought to be able to play the HD file also. Can also be emailed/downloaded by customer.

And shooting HD for SD delivery (DVD) does not necessarily defeat the purpose of shooting in HD. You have a higher quality source to work with, which equates to a better delivery even in SD. Think about how Hollywood movies on DVD always look better than a DVD you make yourself. High-end cameras, whether film or digital, with lots of resolution translates into a better end result.

Note that HD camcorders are natively widescreen, where using a DV camcorder that offers 16:9 is "faking it" meaning it is anamorphic widescreen. So right there, the HD sourced video will provide a better 16:9 DVD. And so forth.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to use HD material on a DVD and play it in a DVD player... the data rate is different, which is why BluRay was invented

Link to DVD Demystified FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/544206

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so heachtic to come up with a good compiled DVD. I have now know that you can not make HD DVD of standard DVDs unless using Blue ray DVDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I this this platform to be usefull. I am helped to unders the process. Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberlink Power2Go 13 with AVCHD selected will allow you to burn HD material on a DVD.  The quality is as good as Blu-ray.  You are restricted to about 25 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know that will not, of course, play on a standard DVD player due to the data rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct.  It can only play on a Blu-ray player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines