• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to bypass RED IPP2 and convert to prores

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So RED have this new thing IPP2. I'm not really interested in using it. I just want to get all the footage converted to Prores and use that for editing, grading and mastering. This is because my experience with RED footage and premiere is that it really doesn't work very well at all. The software can't handle it and it uses up all the cpu of my iMac. 

So in order to maintain an image quality suitable for grading but opt out of all the RED workflow stuff, should I go with the IPP2 as I convert the footage or should I bypass it? If bypassing is the solution, which software would be best suited to do this. The only software I have that seems capable of the job is REDcine. I'd much rather use premiere, DaVinci or media encoder if at all possible. I need to find a reliable and easy process to do this with lots of materia. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not worked with Redcine, but from the comments I've heard, it's a capable enough utility with a clunky UI. Not surprised you'd want to skip it.

Premiere, MediaEncoder and Resolve are all quite capable of exporting Red media to other formats. In Premiere, I'd Probably export from the bin itself, queueing the export to Me. I'd suggest checking up on maybe the RED site or the LiftGammaGain forum for advice on best transcoding options for the IPP2.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Neil. 

I didn't find an easy way to do it through premiere or media encoder so I'm using redcine now. There are is an option there to chose "primary development only" that seems to do what I need. Hopefully this will work out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines