• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to call render when specific event happens?

Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All.

I am developing a plugin by Premiere pro and After Effects SDK.

By the way I have a question.

Now render function is called only when parameters are changed or rendering is in process...etc.

Problem:

I added a thread in the plugin and it is running in every 10 seconds.

I want to call render function by emitting certain event in the thread even though rendering is not in process.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Anthonie.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Hi Anthonie,

While effects in After Effects can have render dependencies beyond effect parameters and sequence data, in Premiere Pro this isn't available.

If you're interested in this feature for future versions, let me know and I can request it.

If you can add the login as a parameter in the Effect Controls panel, similar to how many effects have an activation setting, that could work.  But if there are multiple instances of your effect already applied and rendered with the red cross, then changin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Polling ('running every 10 seconds) is almost never the right approach.

Why would you want/need to render, at times other than when the host says it needs output from your plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bruce.

Thank you for your reply.

Currently in the plugin send login request to the website in the thread. If the user is not logged in a red cross is displayed on the layer.

Thread monitors if the user is logged in, and if so I am going to remove the red cross from the layer.

Red cross is drawn by render function. But render function is called only when rendering is in process. So even though the thread get success from the login request, the red cross is not removed because render function is not called. So I'd like to make the render function called when the thread get success from the login request.

Regards,

Anthonie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthonie,

While effects in After Effects can have render dependencies beyond effect parameters and sequence data, in Premiere Pro this isn't available.

If you're interested in this feature for future versions, let me know and I can request it.

If you can add the login as a parameter in the Effect Controls panel, similar to how many effects have an activation setting, that could work.  But if there are multiple instances of your effect already applied and rendered with the red cross, then changing one won't necessarily change the other instances.  In that case, the user can use Sequence > Delete Render Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Zac.

I hope you are doing well.

Can I run force render in PF_Cmd_DO_DIALOG?

Regards,

Anthonie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mind sharing HOW you solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines