How to capture DV PAL tapes with Premiere Pro 14.0.4 with a Mackbook Pro and Firewire 800 addapter

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to capture Mini DV PAL tapes via Macbook Pro (OSX 10.15.4) with a Firewire 800 to TB addapter with Premiere Pro 14.0.4.

My settings are:

- VTR is a Sony Camera DCR-PC350E PAL

- Quicktime DV PAL sequence

- Device Control setting: DV/HDV Device Control (it works, i can play, stop the camera)

- Capture Settings: HDV (can not switch to DV, not available on PP 14.0.4 ?? )

In conclusion, I can control the VTR ( Sony Camera DCR-PC350E PAL) with device control, but I can not change Capture Settings to DV, then PP 14.0.4 does not recognize the camera and DV stream. On the Capture window appear:

WRONG INPUT FORMAT. TRY CHANGING CAMERA FORMAT OR CAPTURE SETTING

As double check, I have also tested with basic Mac software, and Device Control and DV PAL video capture works smoothly.

Is there a way to capture DV PAL via Firewire with PP 14.0.4? I need a professional solution with PP 14.0.4 if is possible.

Many Thanks,

C,

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to capture DV PAL tapes with Premiere Pro 14.0.4 with a Mackbook Pro and Firewire 800 addapter

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to capture Mini DV PAL tapes via Macbook Pro (OSX 10.15.4) with a Firewire 800 to TB addapter with Premiere Pro 14.0.4.

My settings are:

- VTR is a Sony Camera DCR-PC350E PAL

- Quicktime DV PAL sequence

- Device Control setting: DV/HDV Device Control (it works, i can play, stop the camera)

- Capture Settings: HDV (can not switch to DV, not available on PP 14.0.4 ?? )

In conclusion, I can control the VTR ( Sony Camera DCR-PC350E PAL) with device control, but I can not change Capture Settings to DV, then PP 14.0.4 does not recognize the camera and DV stream. On the Capture window appear:

WRONG INPUT FORMAT. TRY CHANGING CAMERA FORMAT OR CAPTURE SETTING

As double check, I have also tested with basic Mac software, and Device Control and DV PAL video capture works smoothly.

Is there a way to capture DV PAL via Firewire with PP 14.0.4? I need a professional solution with PP 14.0.4 if is possible.

Many Thanks,

C,

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a no show for DV due to Catalina.

The only option you have it downgrade your OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that this setup can work with the previous OSX ?

Many thanks for the reply!

C, 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0
Romain M LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a simple solution by looking on the net, just use iMovie to capture your dv footages, its still working on macOS Big Sur. Then do not exporte your clips with imovie but click on the media then files on the desckstop header bar then locate (it will show you where the app is stocking the video) then take it  from there to your desktop (do not let the video there it will take you storage space) and just put it in an adobe premiere sequence which the right settings, you can now cut it and only keep what you need in differents shorters clips then highlight all your clips and export them with the effect render way (not the classic way to render) choose apple pro res and use the sequence settings. Now you have your full tape and your derushed clips ! 
Thats what im using as a french skateboard filmaker using the sony VX1000 and a macbook pro 2015

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0