• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change background opacity open captions in cc2019? (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a thread from user elined that was lost in the forum changeover. I'm posting as a test and to keep the information available.

The question was:

How do I make the background of my open subtitling transparant?

If I click transparant nothing happens.. I can't change the opacity manually from 100 to 0.

I replied: 

I agree that "transparent" as a background option does not work for Open Subtitling. There is no 0-100 for Open Subtitling background.

Are you trying to use Open Captions or Open Subtitling? They are not the same.

And after confirmation that the user has Open Subtitles, I replied:

You can change Open Subtitling to Open Captions, but not the other way. So be sure to have a backup of your project just in case.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Thanks for posting the answer, Stan.

You can change Open Subtitling to Open Captions, but not the other way. So be sure to have a backup of your project just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the answer, Stan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am using Adobe premiere cc 2018 , am still having a challenge in changing the background to white.....since the video clip was shot in a nutural background, someone help, ,,,whatsapp me kindly on deleted by mod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tested in the latest PR version, 14.7.0. Transparent background for Open Subtitling works.

Be sure you actually want Open Subtitling, and not Open Captions.

Adobe is reworking the entire captions workflow in the public beta versions, but it is not ready for prime time.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines