• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change menu color section in Premiere Pro [windows 10]?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure out how to change the color of the menu background (Please see image)

I have set my Windows 10 to dark theme, and I can't find what option to change it. 

Is it through Windows or is it within Premiere Pro?

Thank you in advance.

images  753×407 .png

This section in particular:

images  753×4072 .png

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. I find this an interesting suggestion. However, this feature is not available in Adobe Premiere Pro. I would suggest you to add your voice here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38144161-allow-editors-to-c...

This page is monitored by our development team.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE or at least give the option, everyone on windows wants this change. It was changed with the update on mac already but not windows.

The entire program is dark except the menu which is the opposite of dark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get your point. Did you request for this feature on the Uservoice page I shared above? Could you share a link with me?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shivangi_Gupta - this Uservoice is quite ridiculous. Nobody is reading these "voices" - prove me wrong, please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've twice had my UV requests moved from filed to "in progress" ...including my recent one asking for an overall color management panel. I've talked in person with the engineers who log those in ... as every UV request is logged into their system by an engineer.

I've really no clue what you expect, there are several million daily users of PrPro with wildly different workflows & needs. Something that is dear to my heart might easily be total anathema to another user.

I'm also a Resolve user, work for and teach pro colorists. And even among colorists there are heated arguments over how anything works. Some will want it changed, some will very passionately argue against that change.

It's always a balancing act of users/workflows and budgets.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That section is actually part of your Windows 'personalization' setup/options.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually you would be correct, as this does fix the problem for most software.
Unfortunately it doesn't work with Premiere, the ribbon remains glaringly white even after changing it.

(For anybody curious to test it, hit the Windows key (or click Start) and type "Settings".
Then type "Colours" and click "Choose accent colour." Scroll down and make sure the box that says "Title bars and windows borders" is ticked, and make sure you have selected a dark colour pallete in the "Windows colours" box.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:

1. Go to Windows 10 Settings
  2. Personalisation > Colours
  3. Pick a colour (I use dark purple)
  4. Scroll to the bottom and check the box titled: Title bars and window borders
  5. Done.

Colours.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this does solve the same problem for other software, unfortunately it doesn't fix the problem in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the closest I can get it is by hitting ctrl and backslash within Premiere to hide the top part, and then auto-hiding the windows taksbar. If anybody finds a fully working solution, please let me know! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It is annoying, Adobe should be consistent, PS/AI/ID all match the dark menu bar, Only Premier + AE has this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely there's a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was better handled in Photoshop. You can even quickly change graphical interface using the keys 'Shift+F1' or "Shift+F2".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there,

I was having the same issue too, so this is what I did:

• open settings
  • Accessibility > Contrast themes

Here you can select "Night sky" and you can also edit it to make it look however you want (I only use it when I use premiere pro so the "Alt + lest shift + print screen" shortcut really helps, it takes like a sec to load) and then in the app you can press "ctrl + backslash" to remove the title bar.

(I really don't know if there is a better way or not but this works for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines