• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change opacity of multiple clips at the same time?

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Premiere Pro experts,

I have the following thing going on on my Sequence.

1.png

These are still images that end at the same time. I need them all to simultaneously start fading to black from where the Playhead stands. I have tried adding Dip to Black transition onto one clip and copy-pasting to the rest but the problem is, Dip to Black doesn't fade evenly as you know. 

I believe Opacity change with keyframes will solve the problem but how can I apply the same Opacity change to all 12 clips at the same time? Copy pasting the keyframes 12 times doesn't sound like a fast workaround, because I have more of these Screenshots further ahead that need to be have the same fade to black. If anyone could help, I'd be most thankful.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add a black clip on V14 and fade it in. Or you could nest the whole selection and fade that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fade to black is best to use only as a double side transition not as a single sided transition.

Nest and add a cross dissolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines