• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to combine 3 already exported videos into 1 without re-rendering - Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My machine crashes when I try to export my 18min 4k 60p Video. So I exported it into smaller vids. How can I now combine it in a way that it doesn't get rendered again  - my machine would crash as with the initial try (of course). 

This seems obvious but I can only find questions about combining clips, not videos. 

So with what settings can I achieve that? Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated! 

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure there is a way. That's perhaps a "muxing" process, and there are muxing/re-muxing apps out there.

Wondering what was causing the crash with exporting the full file?

Oh ... did you try setting the sequence preview format/codec to an intraframe output format/codec? Like a mid Pro-Res or similar? Then, for exporting, if the export is to the same intraframe format/codec/settings, you can use preview on export to avoid encoding the whole file.

Often if you do that, and re-import that file, you can then export without difficulty to any other format/codec as all the grunt work has already been done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@R_Neil_Haugen I truly didn't think about that and did not check the preview format of the sequence. I will check that when I'm working on the next video on the weekend. Thank you for that input! 

So, I kind of solved the issue in a different way - trying to lower the load. When I add the smaller portions into a new project and pre-render everything it takes some time, but it doesn't crash! So this might be the closes to the intelligent render it can get. 

So if you run into a similar issue, break the vid down into smaller chunks, export those, close the App, clear media cache unused files, open the app, and make a new project, add your previously exported chunks, pre-render in&out in your sequence and then export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines