how to convert 1920x816 video to 1920x1080p on project window ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Fairly new to Premiere Pro - so be easy on me! 🙂

I've been trying to load some movie clips to denoise them but having problems with some at the most basic level - importing and loading them on to to the panel as 1920x1080.

The  HD Clip plays and covers the screen completely on my Flatscreen TV but when I import it into the project, it appears narrowed and like 4:3 (with figures looking long and wonky). I've tried importing it after using a preset (DSLR 1080p), then ticking the option to scale to frame which worked on some clips but not on these.

On looking at the details it says this ' 1920x816 and 23.98frames'.

What basic understanding am I lacking or am I doing something silly?

All I want is to import them to the project, enable the clip to fill the screen as 1920x1080 and hope to denoise with neat video and save as 1080p video file.

Can you help ?

Megan

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also added two screen caps -

The first one shows the way the video is displayed on the player

The second one shows once the clip is imported into the project  - seems as if the clip has additional black bars on both it's sides as if compressing it from both sides!

As seen on player.PNGAs it appears when I import.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select all the clips in the bin and right click. You shoud have the option to interpret footage. You can try the different options. You could also just drop and drag the clip into the sequence. Premiere pro will set it up correctly. Then at export you can opt for 1920 X 1080 and have full control of the apsect ration as seen in the video below at about two minutes in. Premiere Pro gives you more export options than any other NLE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a different pixel aspect ratio on the footage than the sequence. I would check the properties of the footage and see what it says as the Pixel Aspect Ratio and make sure the sequence settings are the same. It should pull this from the file if you have created your sequence based on the source clip.

If for some reason it's not getting the correct aspect ratio from the clips metadata then you can experiment with either changing it in the sequence settings or you can interpret the footage as Andy suggested and change the PAR from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
elviseatspizza AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andy 1968 and @philiph Harvey

A massive thank you! I am sorted! It was the pixel ration. Correcting the PAR of the clip did the trick!

Thank you both so so mcuh ! 🙂

Megan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines