• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to correct audio maxing out

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recorded a video and didn't realize that somehow the settings on my microphone had been messed up, making it way too loud so it sounded like my voice was maxing out the speakers the whole time. There is no way for me to re-record this video, so I'm looking for any help I can get trying to fix it. I've attached a clip of what it sounds like. Any suggestions please???

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, a lot of distortion in that clip.

Nothing can be done to bring it back to perfect ... though there are ways to *slightly* improve it. 

First option is taking the audio into Adobe Audition and play around with the 'DeClipper' effect.

Have a look at the link below where Jason Levine demos Declipper (at around the 3 min mark):Repair and restore audio 

There are other plugins/apps you can buy like iZotope RX taht have filters (Declip) that can improve problems like this ... and these are very good but very expensive.

Just know it will never sound great, anything you do will likely be a modest improvement. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines