• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to cover "sensitive areas" of a video with a gif?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello.  i have a great vid that needs some covering of those "sensitive" areas as the subject runs around.  i'm thinking about using a happy face gif in that "happy area".  i know i can blur that area and premiere pro follows that area throughout the adjustment layer, but instead of the blur, i want to use that gif instead.   is it possible?  thanks!!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Mark, you'd need to animate it with Position keyframes. You can do motion tracking in After Effects and not Premiere Pro. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!! i appreciate the time you took.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the GIF --- just import it into Premiere, and then you will have to use keyframes as Kevin mentions to animate the image (GIF) over the sensitive parts. Depending on how long the scene is, and the movement, it could end up being a lot of work --- if they stay in the same area it will be easy, and it can be done. But if it moves around a lot, or its on scene for a long while.... you may need to do motion-tracking in After Effects, as Kevin also mentions. 

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you folks SO much!!!!  yes, it's a video of a person running around sans clothing.  i'll also be using a tiny gif, which is kinda sad for the guy doing the running around :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like a fun project! Glad we were able to help.

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines