Highlighted

How to create a mono multichannel timeline?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have multiple rushes content that I need to export as a single file.

I need to keep the video and audio specs the same as the native master (AVC100 OP1a.mxf 8ch mono audio)

The audio on the master has 8 mono tracks, but Premiere seems to only offer audio outputs to 'stereo pairs' even when mono is selected in the sequence set up. (screenshot below)

How can I set up a sequence timeline with just mono channels?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 18.35.10 copy.jpg

Figured it out - pan the tracks then assign the stereo pairs.  Using 1 and 2 as an example you'd pan audio 1 left and audio 2 right, then assign them both to 'stereo pairs' 1+2.  This puts mono track 1 on track 1 and mono track 2 on track 2. Then repeat for however many tracks you need - example screenshot set up for 8 mono tracks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 12.08.06 copy.jpg

Topics

Audio, Editing, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to create a mono multichannel timeline?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have multiple rushes content that I need to export as a single file.

I need to keep the video and audio specs the same as the native master (AVC100 OP1a.mxf 8ch mono audio)

The audio on the master has 8 mono tracks, but Premiere seems to only offer audio outputs to 'stereo pairs' even when mono is selected in the sequence set up. (screenshot below)

How can I set up a sequence timeline with just mono channels?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 18.35.10 copy.jpg

Figured it out - pan the tracks then assign the stereo pairs.  Using 1 and 2 as an example you'd pan audio 1 left and audio 2 right, then assign them both to 'stereo pairs' 1+2.  This puts mono track 1 on track 1 and mono track 2 on track 2. Then repeat for however many tracks you need - example screenshot set up for 8 mono tracks.

Topics

Audio, Editing, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines