Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create a subclip with the same properties as in the timeline

Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the timeline I had applied a -6db audio for a part of my main video. Then I create a subclip from it, but the created subclip has losen the -6db applied in the timeline (I have full volume for the subclip).

By creating a subclip, how to preserve the properties of the subclip (ie in this case, how to keep my -6db audio) ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

You may not understand's Premiere's data organization.

Effects and changes applied to a clip on a sequence are stored as metadata for that sequence ... not the clip.

If you want to have an effect or change applied to a clip everywhere it's used on any sequence, you need to do that to the clip in the bin. Then the effect is stored on the "source" settings metadata for that clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not understand's Premiere's data organization.

Effects and changes applied to a clip on a sequence are stored as metadata for that sequence ... not the clip.

If you want to have an effect or change applied to a clip everywhere it's used on any sequence, you need to do that to the clip in the bin. Then the effect is stored on the "source" settings metadata for that clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Neil !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines