• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to darken area outside magnifying effect?

Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the magnifying effect to highlight different parts of the screen as a narrator explains the highlighted area. The magnifying effect does not stand out sufficiently. I would like to blur and/or darken the non magnified area. But I don't see those options in the magnify effect.

How can this be done? Is there a way to copy the keyframes from the magnifying effect to the mask path of another effect?

I attached a sample of the desired effect. I did this by adding a brightness/contract layer with its own animated mask. Obivously it is not possible to make the mask match the size and position of the magnifying area so this is the wrong solution just to show the desired effect.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Apply the magnify to your footage, set blending mode for it to "none", this will make it so only the magnification is visible. Then just drag another copy of your footage below that in a track and darken it. That should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the magnify to your footage, set blending mode for it to "none", this will make it so only the magnification is visible. Then just drag another copy of your footage below that in a track and darken it. That should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So brilliantly simple...Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines