• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to develop a PremierePro plug-in that reads CSV (or XML) setting file and do something

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to develop a plug-in that opens CSV (or XML) setting file and control media, for Premiere Pro.
On the SDK guide, I can find how to import media files, however, cannot find how to read CSV (or XML) files.
Is there any way developing the plug-in above?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

When you say 'plug-in' (created in C++), I think you mean 'panel' (written in JavaScript and ExtendScript), right?

As you've seen, there's no API within PPro for reading/parsing CSV or XML files. Your panel would need to do that. You can read files from both the JavaScript layer (using the cep.fs calls, as exercised in CEP HTML Sample Panel), or ExtendScript; see the JavaScript Tools Guide, that ships with ExtendScript Toolkit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'plug-in' (created in C++), I think you mean 'panel' (written in JavaScript and ExtendScript), right?

As you've seen, there's no API within PPro for reading/parsing CSV or XML files. Your panel would need to do that. You can read files from both the JavaScript layer (using the cep.fs calls, as exercised in CEP HTML Sample Panel), or ExtendScript; see the JavaScript Tools Guide, that ships with ExtendScript Toolkit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Do something" is a very vague description. I've developed an extension (panel) that can read timecode-related information from a CSV file and automatically creates markers in Premiere (http://markerbox.pro). What exactly do you want to import and what do you want to do with that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines