• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to distort VOICE from ANONYMOUS source in Pr? (No pitch shifter)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you protect the identity of an anonymous source by distorting his voice?

I see TONSSSS of videos recommending to use PITCH SHIFTER to lower the voice, HOWEVER, lowering the pitch is as easy as increasing it. So using the same technique allows you to check the original voice very easily therefore compromising your source's identity.

Adobe Audition has an option to transform the voice into something a bit more 'robotic' but I just wanted to check what could be use within Premiere?

Thanks all!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*SOLVED*

Distorted voices using pitch shifter alone were too easy to restore. So by adding Analog Delay with a 'Robot voice' preset, it turns out to be kinda hard to bring back the original voice.

By far the most effective option to protect an anonymous source identity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To distort a voice I allways use TWO PITCH SHIFTER, one with a a 0,75 value and the other with 1,35 value. Then I blend them with the original making it impossible to restore the voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines