how to edit all captions at once?

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just received a scc file and I'd like to change the font and position for all subtitles at once. Is there a solution or do I have to change them one by one?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

New Here , Aug 14, 2017
kavianfm New Here , Aug 14, 2017
You can easily change the font and position for all subtitles at once in Adobe Premiere.Right click on the In & Out section and then Select All.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or do I have to change them one by one?

Unfortunately yes.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann. It gonna be a very long day...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this was a recent fix but you CAN change the attributes of the entire caption by selecting multiple windows. Just make sure you are clicking the right spot on each caption window in the editor. See this thread:

Open captions - Format

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. It's good to know that I'm not the only one struggling.... Unfortunately there's no solution so far. I sent a feature request as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily change the font and position for all subtitles at once in Adobe Premiere.

Right click on the In & Out section and then Select All.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you....and on a million more times!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my pleasure to help you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wish this worked for me but alas it did not

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

natashaw, what specific dot version of PR are you running?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! You just saved me SO much time!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selecting all and edtiting the size, the font size or font family do not change. Does anyone else has this error? and a fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of caption stream? And not all fonts are supported. Screenshots might help.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines