• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit captions

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a spelling mistake in a caption on an edited video. Yet, I can not open the captions on the video to edit it. Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlier73022420,

Sorry to hear about this. What is the caption type used in the video? Also, just want to make sure that the captions are not burned into the video, right? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used open captions. It was ages ago that add the captions and have since changed computer. Not sure if they are burned on? How would I check?

NOTICE
This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.

Personal Info removed by the moderator. Avoid posting personal info on community forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi charlier73022420,

As Stan suggested, editing a caption won't be possible if it was burned into the video file. If it was exported as a sidecar file, you may edit it in Premiere Pro. Please refer to this link to learn more about importing captions in Premiere Pro. Hope you find it useful.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they were Open Captions, then they are either burned in, or they were exported as a sidecar. You appear to be referring to a single file, in which you can see the captions. Therefore, they must be burned in and cannot be edited as captions without going back to an original video without captions burned in and/or project. 

You can try to edit the video to place the correct text in place of what is there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines