• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Erase Something or Paint Over something In Premiere?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm a beginner in Adobe Premiere,

I'm currently editing a video, and in one clip I have a guy walking along, and there's a sign in the background with writing on it, which looks quite rough. I want to remove the writing and just leave it looking like a blank sign. In Photoshop I'd probably just draw a white square over it or do a content aware fill or something - there's a few ways to handle it, however I have no idea how I'd do this in Premiere.

I tried using a paint bucket effect but that doesn't seem to be very succesful. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the camera's on a tripod and not moving, export a still and bring it in to photoshop and paint out the sign on a new layer and then bring just that layer in premiere and superimpose over the image by placing it on a video layer directly above the shot..  If the camera's moving you'll have to track the fill and issues of perspective and texture enter in to it...   not simple...  you could also duplicate the clip on the video track directly above, crop it using the tools in the opacity section of the effects controls and apply a blur...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

basically, IMO, you have to sorta understand that correcting ( fixing ( one frame) ) is different than fixing 24 frames per second ( which gives you the illusion of motion ). It's called rotoscoping and tracking masks you can make in PPro ( and AE )... but unfortunately it pushes you into being more than a 'beginner' at that point.

It doesn't matter what edit program or sfx program you use, it's gonna get to where you have to learn some annoying facts about how to FIX STUFF .

good luck

p.s. Personally , at your level of expertise, I'd ignore the problem and hope audience also gives it no credance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure I agree with Salvo34 on this.  I respect his opinion based on his posts in this forum but

if perspective and texture are not issues, figuring out how to track in the opacity controls is not rocket science.   Not clear if the OP is a premier novice or a novice editor...   and I imagine there are plenty of tutorials to help on youtube, etc.  Trying to fix this can be overwhelming but that's how you learn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines