• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to exclude one layer from an adjustment layer?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a virtual choir with 55 different singers (videos). I have used adjustment layers to enable effects. However, I have also changed the background colour which is in V1, this is obviously being affected by the adjustment layer, I need it to stay consistent and without effects

- any suggestions how I can do this? Many thanks.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

You can 'nest' all the video layers and the adjustment layer - excluding your base layer of V1. This will move everything you want affected by the adjustment layer in to a nested sequence and then not affect the base (v1) layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can 'nest' all the video layers and the adjustment layer - excluding your base layer of V1. This will move everything you want affected by the adjustment layer in to a nested sequence and then not affect the base (v1) layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, I knew there would be a simple option. That makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option would be to copy the Adjustment layer clip and then use 'paste attributes' to apply the effects previously on the adjustment layer to all of the choir clips independantly. 

Downside of this is that you no longer have global control over the effect you are applying and this may significantly impact your render times. The advantage though, is that you now have independant control over the effects applied to each clip. And you can go through each clip to tweak the settings. A good option if the original global effect was not 'quite right' for some clips.

But with 55 members of the virtual choir, you are probaby doing it the best way already 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines