• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Export out a Lower Third and retain effects

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I've been trying to export a sequence of a lower third I designed in Premiere Pro. It consists of a white semi-transparent matte and a client logo. When I export as QT file > Animation > Maximum Depth and 8bpc + Alpha, it exports like it should, sort of...

When I import the file to test it out in Premiere, it has retained the transparency and the effects I added to the sequence (edge feather and I animated opacity).

If I open the file in Quicktime or VLC, it loses those effects. What am I doing wrong?

See my example here: https://www.loom.com/share/3fc858ed9874439cbf3bd10d5db786ce

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the quicktime player or vlc are going to show the transparency, but if you composite your quicktime in premiere on top of a new background video, you should see what you're looking for.   You might do better using the prores4444 codec which supports an alpha channel with much lower system overhead...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I always use K-LITE codec pack"

NO.

Don't ever install that codec pack in a computer with Premiere Pro.  You are more likely to corrupt the codecs Premiere Pro installed or uses than solve a codec issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines