• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export Resolve project or timeline into Premiere Pro?

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning!

I've searched around in here but not seeing anything recent on this topic. My scenario is that I've been sent a project that was done in Final Cut Pro and exported into an FXPXML file. I bring this into Resolve. I go to export from Resolve and use XML as per a YouTube video and I dont get any timeline available to me. I get this Translation Issue alert but no timeline to work on. I'm awaiting the videos to link (135gb worth from the client) but even with those absent I should have a timeline to play with in Premiere. I've also tried with the AAF export and get even lower "success" in PP.

I'd massively appreciate your ideas on how to do this please?

Cheers,

Lu

Translation issue:
Sequence <AN Demo 1080p (Resolve)> at 00:03:55:15, video track 3: Generator Item <> not translated, Transparent Video used as a placeholder.
Translation issue:
Sequence <AN Demo 1080p (Resolve)> at 00:05:36:15, video track 6: Generator Item <> not translated, Transparent Video used as a placeholder.
Translation issue:
Sequence <AN Demo 1080p (Resolve)> at 00:05:42:05, video track 6: Generator Item <> not translated, Transparent Video used as a placeholder.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generator items imply things like titles and adjustment layers. You have a lot of offline clips on the resolve timeline - I'd suggest trying to get them online in Resolve so when you bring the XML over, the file paths will be intact. I'd simplify the sequence as much as possible so you can troubleshoot more easily. There may be several things on the sequence that are causing issues. 

What you are trying to do is by no means straightforward and I would not expect it to be seamless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines